English comedian, tv presenter, and actor, Joel Dommett is garnering internet attention for his impeccably tailored suits, which gains our attention too! We love a good suit.
Joel is known for his roles on Live in Chelsea, I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, Joel & Nish vs The World, and more recently the new hit show, The Masked Singer UK.
Check out the post we wrote about Joel's gold suit in the Masked Singer here.
The Blue Jacquard Suit
In this first suit, Joel posted the picture to his Instagram and he's wearing an electric blue and black jacquard suit with shawl lapels. He has a black pocket square to complement the black button-up shirt and black silk tie. He finishes the look with shiny black patent leather shoes.
Joel is only 5'10" and the slim-cut trousers make his legs appear longer. He has the jacket cut long and the seam on the shoulders a little wider to make his shoulders look broader along with the slimmer lapel. The single button closure is sleek and the closed pockets without flaps don't add bulk around the middle. The jacket is more relaxed and doesn't nip in at the waist.
This colour blue makes a statement but with the black is toned down enough for an evening reception or party.
The Wine Coloured Jacquard Suit
Joel loves his jacquard and prints and this beautiful wine jacquard suit with gold embroidery is no exception.
This time Joel opts for slightly pointed notched lapels, a closed top pocket without a pocket square, a deeper v-shape cut in the jacket with a slight nip in at the waist and flap pockets. He again opts for slim-fitting trousers and the black patent shiny leather shoes with a rounded but pointier toe and lace fastenings.
He keeps the attention on the suit with a simple white button-up shirt and matching wine tie. This look is a bold one but is sure to impress at any event.
The Green Jacquard Suit
Don't have a tuxedo but have a fun suit with tuxedo shawl lapels cut low? Well, you can pair it with a sharp white tuxedo shirt and exaggerated silk bow tie and instant class.
Joel's fun green jacquard suit has a Rennie-Mackintosh-esque pattern and he again opts for flap pockets, a breast pocket without pocket share, and a nipped-in waist. This time, Joel's trousers have a slightly more relaxed fit and the jacket is cut a little longer with a more rounded edge at the front. The eye is drawn down with the expanse of white shirt and this look is very slimming and flattering (not that he needs it with his abs but if that's what you need, it's an idea!). He finishes the look with the black patent leather shoes again.
It's a classic look that's perfect for a black-tie wedding or soiree. That is when we are out of lockdown! But you can start gathering your suit ideas now for when you can look a million bucks again (and get out of those sweats).
The Red Rose Suit
Joel is a fan of bright, bold colours and we are glad he is! It's fun to rock a suit that people will talk about and this rose-red suit with a rose pattern on a slightly visible black background is sure to turn heads.
Joel likes to keep his suits a little simple by coordinating his suit and tie, so he's wearing a black shirt and black tie and black pocket square. Again, he's wearing the shiny black patent leather shoes.
He has another shawl lapel but it has a slight notch to add interesting detail. The bottom of the jacket is more square cut than in previous looks and the trousers are again a little more relaxed. What do you think of such a bold colour?
The Classic Blue Suit
One of the closest looks to a 'more conventional' suit is Joe's blue suit. He still opts for a bright, electric blue, which may be a hue too daring for most but this perfectly cut suit has pointed lapels with lapels that round as they go down to the single-button closure. He has flapped pockets and fitted tailored trousers. Again, Joel goes for a classic and simple white shirt and simple black tie combo, which means he gets lots of use out of these pieces in his wardrobe. He can swap out this black tie for something floral or patterned to make the suit look completely different. Would you choose something like this suit?
Which look was your favourite?
Which look did you love the most? Which did you think you'd choose not to wear? If you're inspired by any of these looks, get in touch with our talented tailoring team so you can create a bespoke look just for you. Whether you have an upcoming wedding (post-lockdown, later in the year, or next year) or another event to attend (a party, a big birthday, gearing up for NYE 2022, already!), then we have you covered. You'll look amazing and stylish in one of our suits, cut perfectly to fit your body.
Can’t decide what to read next? Take a look at some of our latest blogs.
- How safe do you feel? (Guidance on mask-wearing)
- Ladies, what are you wearing for your wedding?
- Gents, what are you wearing for your wedding?
- Summer wedding colours plus style inspiration
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 Ladies' Fashion Roundup
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 Men's Fashion Roundup
- London Fashion Week Fall 2020 Women's Fashion Roundup
- London Fashion Week Fall 2020 Men's Fashion Roundup
- Milan Fashion Fall 2020 Men's Fashion Roundup
- Milan Fashion Week Fall 2020 Women's Fashion Roundup
- Keanu Reeves Suit Spotlight
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The Oscars 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The Grammys 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Women
- The BAFTAs 2020 Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Men
- The SAG Awards Best Dressed Women
- White Bespoke Evening Wear
- Bespoke Printed & Floral Suiting Styles
- Custom Made Jacquard Evening Wear
- Black Tie Wedding Attire
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Men
- The Golden Globes 2020: Best Dressed Women
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Men
- The Fashion Awards 2019: Best Dressed Women
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Men’s Edition
- What to Wear This New Year’s Eve 2019: Ladies' Edition
- London Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- New York Fashion Week Fall 2019 Runway and Street Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: New York Fashion Week Women’s Runway Style
- Roundup 2019 Fashion Inspiration: Ladies’ Fashion Week Street Style, New York