It has been over 100 years since humanity has experienced a pandemic of this nature, which is why in 2020, no one predicted that Covid-19 would cancel many of our favourite events. Here are some highlights of what has been cancelled and any dates of return.
These award ceremonies and galas have been impacted.
- 21st British Soap Awards: cancelled in 2020 with 2021 date to be announced
- 15th Canadian Folk Music Awards: scheduled for 3 -4 April, announced on live stream on 4 April
- 40th Golden Raspberry Awards: originally due to air on 14 March, the winners were announced online on 16 March
- 2020 Laurence Olivier Awards: the set date was 5 April 2020 with the reschedule to be announced at a later date
- Met Gala: due to take place on 19 May, the new date is to be determined
- 93rd Academy Awards (the Oscars): scheduled date on 28 February 2021, postponed until April 25
- 55th Academy of Country Music Awards: originally scheduled on 5 April 5, postponed until 16 September
- 31st Golden Melody Awards: originally scheduled for 27 June 27, postponed to 3 October
- 21st IIFA Awards: originally scheduled on 29 March and was to be held in Indore, postponed indefinitely
- 2020 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards: originally scheduled for 21 March, postponed to 2 May and was held virtually
- 2020 iHeartRadio Music Awards: originally scheduled for 29 March, postponed indefinitely
- 2020 Billboard Music Awards: originally scheduled on 29 April, postponed indefinitely
- 74th Tony Awards: scheduled originally for 7 June, reschedule date is yet to be announced
The following sporting events were impacted.
- Summer Olympics: scheduled for 24 July moved to 23 July to 8 August 2021
- Winter Olympics: scheduled for 4 February to 20 February 2022, with the qualifying criteria affected by the pandemic
- World Games: scheduled for July 2021 but qualifying has been impacted and they have moved to July 2022
- Arctic Winter Games: these winter games were cancelled for 2020 and occur every two years
- ASEAN Para Games: these games were cancelled for 2020 and occur every two years
- Summer World University Games: these games were cancelled for 2020 and will resume in 2021
- Wimbledon: tennis was cancelled for 2020 but will resume from 28 June to 11 July 2021
Need an amazing look for your next event?
When sporting events and galas are back on, you'll need an amazing suit! Contact our tailoring team today. We create high-quality, custom-made suits in a range of styles, fabrics, linings, cuts, colours, and customisations.
Want more fashion and event coverage?
Here are some of our latest blogs.